It’s been sixteen days since my last blog post and I am in desperate need to get in front of my computer and write! Life has been the best kind of crazy lately, sometimes when my head finally hits the pillow at night it hits me that this go go lifestyle may seem totally hectic but its the only kinda crazy I like. In order to even remember what has been going down i decided to open up my iPhone and scroll through my photos! I love taking photos so I thought I would do a segment today called “Straight from the Camera Roll” where i literally choose 9 photos from my camera roll to show you what has been going down in our little families life!
- You may have seen the photo of Wyatt sitting in his Uncle Chris’ office two weeks ago, well we are trying out an epic tri pod he has and let me tell you.. game changer! We are able to set that sucker up wherever and take photos from my phone remotely! This is the first photo we took using it with the timer feature!
- One random evening, while waiting for Gavin to get home for work I decided i desperately needed to get out of the house, as a stay at home mom sometimes I literally go stir crazy so this was the perfect night. I had no shoes, Wyatt had no clothes but i decided we had 38 minutes until my iPhone said the sun was setting so we drove up to the hill on my parents property and watched the sunset. Never underestimate the power of mother nature, watching the sunset was so therapeutic, enjoyable and free!
- We celebrated my Dad and Father in Law’s birthdays this past month. I am beyond lucky to have these two men in our life. I have never met anyone like my Dad, he is the type of man who literally talks ideas all day, he is a total dreamer and his great mind is described in one of my all time favorite quotes..”Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, small minds talk about people.” My Dad is one of those rare humans who always leaves you wanting to be the best version of yourself. Here is a photo of him, in the kiddie pool with Wyatt and my niece Georgia.
- All things pumpkin, welcome to fall! I have this tradition I started where I make a bunch of Pumpkin bread at the beginning of fall and give it to my people. Wyatt obviously joins in on the fun becausee he is obsessed with watching me mix things up with the KitchenAid. I made some for the neighbors, family, and my two favorite Varsity football players and gave it to them after their game! I am all about easy and delicious, you can find the exact recipe I use here.
- There is a great song about watching everything “dad” does and I never thought it would be so true until I watch Wyatt look up to Gavin. This little lawnmower had me dying laughing, Wyatt was all about it. Watching Gavin, then having his own was one of those sweet moments you just wish you could hold onto forever.
- The beginning of fall is time for all things orange, warm, and cozy. We started off the beginning of fall by heading to our favorite place The Avila Valley Barn. We walked around to see all the animals, and picked out a little mini pumpkin. Creating traditions is the best thing, i’m certain we will be going here to celebrate the beginning of fall from now on!
- Remember how I told you about my dad having wild ideas, well this was one of those. My dad and I were watching my two nieces and decided to head to Solvang for a little day trip, it was comical. First off, nobody ever told me how crazy it is watching 3 kids under 18 months and second, let me advise you to never attempt the above with 3 babies. It actually wasn’t that bad but we spent the majority of the time laughing at what a silly/dumb idea it was. We walked around the shops and promised we would come back when we had a little more help to enjoy the adorable little town.
- My husband is a rockstar, he works incredibly hard and I could go on and on about how proud I am of him. This day I was especially proud, he was given an awesome opportunity to totally revamp and turn around a dealership with an awesome team of guys. If you want to know where, message me and i’ll happily share with you! This was him and his bosses during a total demolition day, now you can catch him in dress pants and a tie, but I know that he was digging the demo days where he brought out his ol’ tool belt.
- There are some people you meet who just have the light of life in them, and sometimes they are given battles you can hardly understand why. I do not know him super well but he is certainly our hometown hero and his name is Ryan Teixeira. You can read more about his battle here. I was extremely touched by this photo because my Uncle Robin facilitated the conversation, and to me it was another reminder of how great people of this world can be, and how much good there still is our there. If you have a prayer list going, please add the Teixeira family to it, we are all with you Ryan! #17Strong. Be sure to read about the great opportunity on October 2nd where you can see if you are a match for a Bone Marrow Transplant, we will certainly be there.
May you all have a wonderful week!