To be honest, I have always wanted to be that girl that has all the good skincare products and cared enough to wash my face morning and night. I The reality is, growing up I never tended to my skin/face, and with 4 siblings I was lucky to find and use my own toothbrush each night so a face routine was definelty not happen. In fact, the only facial cleanser I ever really used was a makeup remover towelette which is most definelty not a facial cleanser so that gives you an idea of where I started.
Thinking back its probably because I grew up with a mom who never wore makeup and washed her face with a Dove Soap bar.
It wasn’t until I met one of my favorite humans, Monica that I started to even look at my face closely and realize I need to pay a little attention to the skin I’ll be with till the day I die. Going to her the past 8 years has taught me a TON about taking care of myself, investing in my skin and most importantly living a life that HELPS keep my skin because I don’t know about you but…
I’m trying to look good WITHOUT makeup.
There is nothing cooler to me than seeing someone with no makeup on, I personally try to go makeup free as much as possible! A few weeks ago, Monica spent the time and hooked me up with a Porcelain Peel and a Nano Fill which is basically a natural alternative to botox. It stimulates the collagen and makes you feel all kinds of pretty. Today, we are sharing with you Five things your Estetitian wants to tell you from the one and only face goddess, Monica Maree Esthetics!
1. STOP ignoring your skin.
When you are 60 (50, even 40 and as soon as 30’s) you will wish you hadn’t ignored it all of those years. Your skin tells a story, so don’t concern yourself so much with avoiding the laugh lines. ( I personally find those to be lovely) Just really be aware of the sun and the damage it causes. It isn’t necessarily going to show next month or even next year. But trust me when I tell you… it comes back to bite you in your 40’s.
2. DON’T get stuck in the belief that skincare is frivolous.
It is self-care and YOU ARE WORTH IT. I always work in ways to make my services affordable. I know as a woman/mother it is hard to justify spending the time and money on myself. I have learned that when I am caring for myself, I not only am setting a good example for my kids but I also am happier to be available to my family and friends.
3. NEVER GIVE UP ON purchasing good quality skincare.
It can get pricey, I know, but you get what you pay for. Some store bought products can be ok but you actually spend more because you have to use more. Professional quality products are concentrated. You end up using less, therefore it lasts longer. When you look at it like that, its best to use something that is going to actually work to achieve the results you want and use less of it. It really ends up being the same cost so go for the Good Stuff.
4. ALWAYS Use Sunscreen.
We get tired of hearing it, I know. Just find the one that works for you (there are so many great sunscreen tinted moisturizers out there- take your pick)
and use it EVERYDAY. Even if it is raining. And ESPECIALLY if it is Foggy.
5. IF YOU HAVE LIMITED TIME, AT LEAST do your best to eat clean, drink water, moisturize at night and wear your sunscreen.
Put it in your bag, your car console and even in the pantry. While your grabbing your morning coffee, grab that sunscreen and slap it on before makeup.
Porcelin peel and Nano Fill were the two treatments Monica did on me! Here are a few Question/Answers for those who are interested! And videos of the amazing treatments below!
1. How much are they? Porcelain Peel is $175/ 3 Nano Fill is $190 / series of 3 and combo of Porcelain and Nano $225
2. How often do you need to do them? 1/month, for targeted results.
3. What age should you start doing facials? Anytime, its never too early to learn how to care for your skin. Early to mid 30’s is when your skin changes; collagen production slows, pigmentation rises, hormones change, stress and lifestyle begin to show on your skin.
4. what are the pricing for those treatments? $85- $110 is the average cost. All of my facials are customized to my clients current needs. Consultations are always complimentary.