Our trip to Yosemite was spur of the moment, quick, and unforgettable. The best part about it all was experiencing such an amazing place with such wonderful people. I decided to do a short post today and include 10 things about our trip! Check them out below! Happy Monday!
- We decided Thursday afternoon we were going to go, and left just 8 hours later.
2. We were only in Yosemite for 26 hours.
3. We joined Gavin’s family in a beautiful little cabin in Yosemite West
4. We did a 3 mile walk around the valley, Wyatt asleep in the front pack for most of the time!
5. There was nothing sweeter than seeing the valley through the eyes of my 4 year nephew, Jeremiah. Spiders, frogs, cotton, praying mantis, rocks… you name it, he was excited and it was one of the very best parts of the trip for all of us.
6. We sat in awe as a deer literally crossed the river right in front of us and casually walked within 15 feet. Above is a photo by my brother in law Chris Burkard.
7. We took advantage of the visitor center and watched a video on the history of the park, well worth the time.
8. We laughed and smiled the entire time with our family. There was such a happy vibe as we all knew we were experiencing something so special together.
9. Wyatt went down his first “rock slide” with Gavin.
10. Gavin and his brother Chris decided on a spur of the moment jump off a massive bridge into freezing cold water.
Hope you all have a wonderful week!